- Welcome Aboard: Cruising Into Success
April 10, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
ICF and PA Head Start Association Pre-Conference Session
“Welcome Aboard: Cruising into Success” Part 1
April 10, 2019
Location: Penn Stater Conference Center
Cost: $199 (includes lunch)
Presenters: Nancy Hawthorne, Bill Huebner, and Colette Sandzimier
Audience: Directors and managers who have been in their position less than 2 years
As new Head Start/Early Head Start directors and managers (2 years or less experience), you come to your new roles with a wide range of experiences, knowledge, and needs. This session is Part 1 of a 2 part series designed to orient and support new Head Start leaders. Head Start leaders must be fully aware of and knowledgeable about federal requirements, and they must be adept at applying these requirements to the operation of Head Start/Early Head Start programs. Participants will leave with a clear vision of Head Start mission and the tools needed to become successful Head Start leaders.
• Identify ways in which the Head Start core values are evident in program services.
• Become familiar with the Head Start core values.
• Enhance their understanding of how regulations shape program operations.
• Use knowledge and understanding of the regulations to address common HS/EHS questions, challenges and issues.
• Increase your understanding of the Head Start management systems.
• Understand how systems affect services.
Part 2 of 2 will be offered on the day prior to the Summer Administrator’s meeting.